Friday, January 29, 2010

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

John and I both LOVE PF Chang's which is a miracle in itself that we both like the same place but we both LOVE their chicken Lettuce Wraps. So I thought I would try them at home. And my recipe is pretty good. Now you know I don't measure anything so these are rough guess on amounts. I looked at a turkey wrap on Martha Stewart and several recipes on allrecipes.com to compare.

John does not love veggies, and I try to eat as many as possible so I put my veggies in the food processor so they are small and quick to chop. I use onion, garlic, carrots, red cabbage, broccoli, and a bell pepper.
I also also hand chop some mushrooms, and water crestnuts. Below are all the veggies before they are cooked. I cook these with just a little olive oil for about 4 mins.
I boil my chicken, tonight I used 2 or 3 pieces of dark meat and about the same of white meat. I take it off the bone and also put it in the food processor wit a little help from Harrison.

Then I add the chicken to the pan with the veggies. With the sauce below.I use about...
2 Teaspoons chili pasta (with the green lid)
juice of 2 lemons
3-4 TBS fish sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce.
Mix together and pour over the chicken and veggies. cook until everything is mixed well. Serve with lettuce leaves and I like a little rice in mine.

No comments: