Friday, January 29, 2010

brussel sprouts....I LOVE them


Brussel Sprout... I used to HATE them but now I LOVE them and CRAVE Them.
I have learned to listen to my body when it comes to what I eat. 3 years ago I was taking up to 30 bills a day. I never wanted that I when I decided to go off everything, cold turkey I might add, in able to clean my body of the toxins in order to get pregnant with Harrison I had to learn to really listen to what my body told me. That included telling people no often, and knowing what I was putting into my body. I have read and research loads of stuff to help know what my symptoms mean and what I can do "naturally" to maintain my health.
A few months ago I began craving Brussel Sprouts so I began eating brussel sprouts. Now I don't want to even think about boiled brussel sprouts but I have found a way that I LOVE them.
first Start with "fresh" brussel sprouts which means bright in color and very firm. I cut the core off the bottom and that the outside layer of leaves. Then I cut them in half. Put the brussel sprouts into a saute pan with some butter (and it is really good with a little bacon too :) ) salt, pepper, and garlic. In this picture I added a few carrots. I cook over medium heat just until the center is warm. Then add the juice of lemon for just another minute. They are still intacted and they still have a crunch. Remember the less you cook your veggies, the better they are for you.

Here is a snapshot of what good stuff is in brussel sprouts. Below is a GREAT book to tell you what your eating. I will try to add more about it later too.

No comments: