Friday, November 11, 2011

Heathly Snacks for kids

 For those of you that know Harrison know he is an EATER, so I have snacks ready to go at his level so he can grab a snack through out the day. I Keep freeze dried fruit, raisins, dried cranberries, pistachios (aka green nuts at our house), cocoa almonds,  and pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds.
 I keep these snacks on the bottom shelf in the pantry and keeps serving size bowls ready to grab. Harrison also LOVE prunes so I keep them ready to go too (the individual wrapped ones) This also makes it easy to grab a snack on our way out the door so we are not buying and eating junk from the gas station or drive thur.

 This little tote has fruit leather and freeze dried fruit (FUNKY MONKEY aka crunchy fruit)
 I the fridge on the bottom shelf is a box of snacks too. There is usually apple sauces, bread, grapes in here too but running low. So today there is mainly yogurt and cheese. He also has juice boxes (which I don't always have them out) probiotics smoothies, and little water bottles (they are more fun than a glass of water you know)

No comments: