Friday, May 6, 2011

Vegetable Pasta Oven Omelet


More picture are on the recipe blog http://recipeswelove1.blogspot.com/2011/05/vegetable-pasta-oven-omelet.html

I made this for my dinner tonight since I knew my hubby would not care for it much and he has leftovers that he LOVES. I used this recipe http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/vegetable-pasta-oven-omelet-10000000520763/%20as a idea and used what I had on hand it is AWESOME. I will put in red the changes I made. This would make a good meatless dinner or a side to some baked chicken etc.


YIELD: Makes 8 servings

COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES

PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES

COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch, Main Dishes, Side Dishes/Vegetables


Ingredients

3 dried tomatoes in oil (I put a can of diced drained tomatos in the oven at 400 for aobut 20 mins before using them since I didn ot have dried tomatoes)

1 small onion, chopped (I used one large leek)

1/2 red bell pepper, diced (I used green bell since I had it frozen in the frezzer about 3/4 cup)

3 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 small zucchini, diced (I used about 1 1/3 cup of diced broccoli)

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

7 ounces vermicelli, cooked

6 large eggs (I just used 4 since I used a bit more cheese)

3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided (I used a mix of baby brie, swiss, and cheddar and used about 1 1/2 cups)

3/4 cup milk

1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

I also added about a cup of frozen corn

1/3 pasta water when I added the cheese

1-2 cups of chopped mushrooms

Preparation

Drain tomatoes well, pressing between layers of paper towels; chop.

Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a nonstick 12-inch ovenproof skillet 5 minutes or until tender; add tomato and zucchini, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add pasta; toss to coat.

Whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and next 3 ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture in skillet.


Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.





Southern Living

NOVEMBER 1999

No comments: