This is GREAT, a real KEEPER. I got this recipe out of Clean Eating Magazine March 2011. By their caulcations this dish costs $11.55 for the whole recipe which is $2.89 a serving. It is suppose to make 10 bundles, I only got 8 but I kept out a piece of fish after it was cooked for Harrison. Serving size 2 1/2 bundles (I had two and did not finish them), Calories; 447, Total fat 12 g, Omega 3s 210 mg, Omega 6s 420, carbs 49 g, fiber 9 g, sugars 3g, protein 35 g
10 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 carrot, peeled & grated
1 tsp olive oil
12 oz tilapia fillets (or other mild white fish)
4 oz light cream cheese (1/2 block)
1/2 cup skim milk ( I used whole since that is what I had)
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 lightly spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray
2. Prepare Lasagna noodle according to package. Rinse pasta once cooked and sit aside.
3. Grate Carrot, and set aside
4. place a large nonstick pan on medium heat and add oil. heat for 1 min. then add tilapia. Cover and cook for 3 mins. Carefully flip fish and cook another 1-2 mins. set it aside and crumble with fork.
5. add cream cheese, milk, dill, and salt to saucepan, make sure to break up the cream cheese. Place on low heat and whisk constantly for about 1 min. until all has melted. Once the mixture is smooth reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture.
6. stir carrots and fish into pan with cheese mixture. Lay noodles out. place 2 TBS of the mixture on the bottom edge of each noodle Gently roll each noodle from the bottom edge to the top. place in baking dish.
7. Spoon the reserved 1/2 cup cheese mixture over the bundles and bake for 25 mins.
If I do this again I will cut about 1/3 of the noodles off before bundling. I was going to serve this with steamed broccoli but the broccoli I had did not look too good so I made a shredded salad of iceberg, spinach, carrots, and cabbage. YUMMY DINNER