Thursday, July 15, 2010

Old Habits are hard to break

I used to stock up with loads of school supplies at the beginning of the school each year when I was teaching. I guess Old habits die hard, the beginning of the year school supplies still make me a bit giddy. But instead of a class set of markers, 3 class sets of crayons, a class set of glue, lots of glue stick, pencils, and paper. I just get a few now. For Harrison and when I am teaching at church etc. but at $1 pack for markers, 25 cent crayons and glue, I have to stock up so I won't have to get more for the rest of the year.
I also still have a closet full of buckets of books in the hallway and 2 file cabinet full of files and books in the garage. I guess you can take the teacher out of the school but you can't take the school out of the teacher. :) I miss teaching for about 30 mins on days like this but I get over and love every minute of being at home, or most minutes.

No comments: