Tuesday, July 20, 2010

cooking without recipes.... Tomato Sauce

So most nights I have no idea what we are having for dinner till I open the fridge. I stock up on basics and often have a new recipe to try but usaully I am trying to beat the clock and a hungery little boy. while this is not teh best picture this is our dinner a few nights ago, I am sure you can tell whoes plate is whos.
I got this out of the garden that day so I thought I would put a few Bacon wrapped Jalapenos in the oven find them here and had some chicken laid out and thought I would try oven friend breaded chicken with some gluten free flour (which did not work out as planned. chex cereal crumbs work much better). I had fresh garden potatoes as well so I made butter lemon new potatoes, and broccoli . while all of that was cooking I thought the chicken might need some sauce if the breading did not work out as planned.

So in a pot a threw a couple hand fulls of cherry tomatoes, a couple pieces or parts of pieces of bacon chopped up. Along with some green diced pepper, chopped onion, and lots of chopped garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. I may have put a little lemon juice in there too, it sounds right but I am not for sure.
Once everything started cooking and tomatoes burst open I used my submersion blender to blend it all up. And cook for about 30 mins. It was nice and think made a great sauce for the chicken would be great with some pasta in it etc. YUMMY and all fresh out of the garden.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Ann Kelly;
Oh that all looks and sounds so good,and I bet it was a Home Run Hit, and with all of that good garlic it had to smell great too. Take good care of yourself and those two Parkhurst Men. God sure does give you a lot of good things to cook for supper.