Monday, September 14, 2009

Sausage and Cheese Waffles

Sausage and Cheese Waffles

I found this reciepe in a magazine, Rachel Ray, but he had the recipe for the waffles and everything but I I used the waffle mix I already had. Added the other intergents, I also double the recipe so I could freeze them for later.

for One batch

1 1/2 cups of waffle mix
1 3/4 milk or buttermilk
1/4 t pepper
4 T butter or oil
2 eggs
2 cups shreeded cheddar chesse ( I did not use this much but would crumbled chesse instead of shredded next time. )
1/2 puond fully cooked sausage (next time I will use hot, the orginal recipe called for chicken sausage)


mix all together and spoon batter onto preheated waffle iron.

We had this yesterday morning on the way to an out of town wedding. I put them in the oven frozen to heat up then just took them with us in the car and ate them without srype. made for an easy breakfast on the go and sticks with you better than just the waffles.

No comments: